An online Medical Second Opinions System
When patients are faced with difficult health decisions, and are looking for answers or alternatives, a medical second opinion from an expert can provide them with the confidence to make the best decisions for themselves or their loved ones. According to Partners Healthcare, a recent study indicates that in 90% of MSO’s reviewed, an alternate treatment plan was suggested. 5% resulted in new diagnosis. An article in Forbes, May 2013, quotes a doctor from Johns Hopkins saying that in the past 25 years, diagnostic errors accounted for nearly 29% of insurance claims at a cost of almost $40 billion, & more often resulted in death.
With iHealthConsults™, you can establish your own Medical Second Opinions program for both domestic and international patients. The user-friendly patient and referral doctor interfaces can be white-labeled and linked directly into your website to easily capture Second Opinion requests. Additionally, through our alliance with Partners HealthCare, based in Boston, Massachusetts, iHealthConsults gives you the opportunity to offer professional medical second opinions from the world’s most renowned specialists including specialists from Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals. These nationally ranked hospitals in the United States include Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Dana Farber Cancer Center, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, McLean Hospital, and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. The specialists who provide second opinion consultations are often world renowned experts in their field, with experience overseeing very complex and rare cases. The hospitals are consistently ranked among the best hospitals in the United States.
BENEFITS OF THE SYSTEM
- Patients can make informed decisions
- Re-evaluate the diagnosis with meticulous precision
- Determine appropriateness of therapy and treatment plans
- Evaluate alternative non-surgical interventions
- Get recommendations for medication/pain management
- Avoid unnecessary medical costs and treatments
WHY MEDICAL SECOND OPINIONS?
- Allows your organization to implement a branded solution to offer and manage medical second opinions
- Optionally provides access to world-renowned physicians from the Partners HealthCare network
- Cloud-based system, which can be easily integrated with to provide direct access for patients and referring physicians from your website
- Secure system, maintains data security and patient privacy.